Tuesday 14 March 2017

Aviemore Adventure Festival weekend

I got involved in helping out with the Aviemore Adventure Festival (AAF) some time back. I had a very small role helping Paul sort out guest speaker arrangements. It was a really interesting experience, and gave me an insight into the mammoth task it must have been to arrange the whole festival (well done Paul)!

Exciting...

Cedar meeting his biggest fans...

Mo and Jen trying to keep out of trouble!
The weekend came round quickly and it ended up that about 12 people I know were heading to the festival from various places near and far.... hmm would I manage to catch up with them all..!?

Cedar about to start his 7 hr talk...
My first job of the weekend was to pick up Justine Curgenven a well known kayaker from Inverness airport on Saturday and safely deliver her to Aviemore for the festival. It was great fun meeting her and hearing a little about her adventurous life.

I just love this image
I then quickly caught up with Jen at Cairngorm mt, where other friends (team 1 - Loz/Shaw/Kelly) were sampling the slushy skiing and team 2 - Abi/Gemma/Judith were walking somewhere!

the motley crew
After a quick bite to eat with everyone I had to rush to get to the festival venue and help get ready for the weekends headliner - the American climber and film maker Cedar Wright.

zoom shot of Papa Shaw
It was a whole lot of fun catching him before his set and then taking promo pictures during his talk. He is crazy fun, the venue was packed and I think it went down a storm (and I got some good shots).


After Cedar's set we all headed to the Old Bridge Inn for the festivals Saturday night party. The pub was packed, and the blue grass band were fantastic. It was a late night, but well worth it, I think we left the OBI at 2am.. A great day.

Judith testing her new stick on mud guard



On the Sunday after a lie in I got to catch up with friends and 7 of us headed out mt biking in the forest. Great fun messing about in the woods. We did a 30 km loop taking in Loch an Eilein, the amazing single track of the Lairgi Ghru and Loch Morlich. Sticky toffee pudding at Karn House (FRCC hut) was the perfect ending to a great weekend. Lets hope I'm allowed back to help with next years festival....

You meet scary people in the forests



No comments:

Post a Comment