Wednesday 19 April 2017

Middle Earth (I mean England) visit!

A visit to the Peak District and Staffordshire proved fruitful for my current training regimne. The visit was mainly for family stuff, including my mums 'big' birthday, but it was great to get back on the gritstone bouldering at Cratcliffe/Robin Hood's Stride in the Peak District. this was a real treat, but my skin did suffer with 3 bleeding finger tips!

The 'virgin traverse' - Churnet Valley - V3
I also got to the Churnet Valley (Staffordshire) to boulder. When living in the Peak/Derbyshire I maybe didn't appreciate the quality of the climbing here, but wow - amazing. Sandstone with lots pockets and large pebbles set in it. Unusual and quite special climbing. Now added to my summer hit list of places to visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment