Saturday 11 May 2019

Back into the training..

I'm finally (again) starting to commit to the training for my mountain bike race in Norway this summer. An ankle injury stopped me cycling for a few weeks and then I got distracted by climbing and the new house, but the realisation has dawned that if I want to complete the race I need to train!

snow on the tops
I did a 60km route in the Cairngorms today. I love the biking here and even explored a few new tracks at Abernethy which included a river crossing before heading over the Ryvoan Pass. The biking is easy with great fast rolling tracks just the tonic today getting some miles in.



I wasn't going to take any pictures today but as a fun thing happened I thought it worth a blog entry.. Shooting out of the forest at one point I came across a JCB with the doors open.. I was soon joined by a really friendly guy who said he'd just bought it second hand (I think it was fairly new). He was really chuffed with it saying that he'd wanted one his whole adult life. He then offered me a go, moving the bucket around - great fun! This doesn't happen everyday on a ride and I grinned all the way back to Aviemore.


Back home - busy at North Kessock

No comments:

Post a Comment