Tuesday 6 November 2018

Bike Bonding Weekend

I reconnected with with my bike Trek at the weekend.


Lately we just haven't been getting along... not sure why, but there has been a definite tension! So I spend Saturday replacing the rear mech as the old one had lost its 'spring' and was very cranky and being awkward.

I saw the bracken and had to take this shot!
I was patient and spend ages re-tuning the gears, which is a job I hate, but I think Trek appreciated this TLC as 'it' seemed content.

Hikers across the river from a mile away
The next day we went to explore some new trails in Glen Feshie, Cairngorms. It was windy as we skipped joyfully South following the river Feshie. I love time alone with Trek, as we can dance to our own tune.

On top of the Corbet
I did spend a little too long messing around taking photo's (I enjoy it, Trek got annoyed!) and had to slightly cut the route short having forgotten a head torch, and not knowing whether the rivers would be fordable at the far end of my original idea/route.


But it worked out well because I detoured onto the top of Carn Dearg Mor (857m) and found a great track not marked on the map, leading all the way from the summit, North for 3-4 km back to the estate tracks. It was a great descent bar the last trackless 150m which saw me completing a forward roll dismount as the front wheel fell into a big hole.

Derelict Croft
So Trek and I are back on good terms and after a little spruce up when we got home I tucked 'it' up nicely with a little fresh oil in the shed.. A bientot old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment