Thursday 5 March 2020

Tired legs

With a mid week day off I was keen to ski and make the most of the snow and good weather so I headed to the Cairngorms. I planned to ride the pistes for a couple of hours before touring off the back of Cairngorm.
Not a bad day (loch morlich)
However... the conditions were so good that I just kept going on the piste for the whole morning in the sunshine :-). Just one more run..

tourer 1

tourer 2
Sometime around lunch time I skinned up to the summit of Cairngorm. On the top there was loads of breakable crust so I decided to just head back into the ski area. Maybe I should have risked it because I saw later that there was some good snow about but it didn't seem worth it at the time.

on top of Cairngorm

views to the Corries

After more runs my legs were shot and I had to throw in the towel quite early.. I great day but I think I need to build up my ski fitness somehow!

more tourers..
time to head back

No comments:

Post a Comment