Sunday 19 January 2020

Squalls on the West

Shaw headed up to Scotland for the weekend and Loz entertained our VIP on Saturday going climbing in the Cairngorms whilst I was in charge of Sunday's entertainment.

Sunrise at the commando memorial

Basket case
With more snow on the West I railroaded Shaw slightly into skiing! Options were limited and he agreed to meet at Nevis range. The forecast was pretty good but with a strong wind strengthening through the day.

relative calm
I think skiing is the only activity I do that when you first strap on the ski's I have to think really hard 'what do I do again'! But by a miracle the concept, or vague ability to ski does come back to me.

sorting skins in a hole behind a shed!


It was a great day! Unfortunately some of the lifts that they hoped to open (the Goose) didn't due to the wind but we went back down the gondola to get our skins so that we could get to some of the runs that weren't accessible with the lifts.

The good times
Admittedly it was fairly breezy and occasionally you had to stop whether going up or down hill and await the gusts to clear but we found some lovely snow to ski (just couldn't always see it!).

Where are we going (on the button lift)


the breezy times
They shut down the whole mountain early (maybe 3.30pm) as the weather deteriorated, but I think its fair to say that we both enjoyed the very 'Scottish' days skiing. I'm hoping the snow stick around!

Sunset at the Commando memorial on the way home

No comments:

Post a Comment