Thursday 7 December 2017

Quick winter fix

After a long 6 day work stint I wanted to play at the weekend, but was also tired so the thought of an early start wasn't appealing. When I checked the weather it looked the best in the South Cairngorm/Monadhliath area so I packed my bed and alarm for a leisurely 8am..



I did have a few ideas and options, but looking at the weather and snow on the drive South I opted for the Drumochter area. I parked up and headed for Meall Chuaich via Loch Cuaich in the fresh snow. There were 4-5 other people heading the same way, and ended up walking most of the route a nice guy called John.

John on top
The weather and cloud rolled in and out, the light was very flat, but it was wonderful to be out in the winter weather and wilds of Scotland. Its a short walk, so after 4-5 hours I was back at the van, swapped numbers with John (climber!) and headed back via soup at Ralia (very good!).

Flat light, great day 

No comments:

Post a Comment